The Fresh Squeeze: Video Marketing
Video Marketing on Social Media
“The single most important strategy in content marketing today is video. Whether it’s video on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, or YouTube, the content you need to be thinking about creating and marketing on social for your business is video. Period.” — Gary Vaynerchuk
It’s no secret that video content is on the rise. The American Marketing Association claims that by 2019, video content will be the driving factor behind 85% of search traffic in the US.
Some of the top ways to use video include social media updates, testimonials, product reveals, presentations, and sharing your brand’s story.
But how do we easily tap this content tree for its delicious syrup without needing a ton of production experience or fancy equipment?
Video Marketing Explained by Dave Dwyer Video Production & Photography
Thankfully, video production is easier than ever. There are so many tools available to help beginners as well as seasoned pros create beautiful, captivating videos.
A screencast is a digital recording of the action taking place on your computer screen. It’s a quick and simple way to add video content to your social media. You can create how-to’s, add a voice-over to a PowerPoint presentation, or give a tour, tutorial, or demo.
Screencast Example by Paul Hadjipieris
Slideshows are a great way to present a product’s benefits and features in an exciting, dynamic way. They’re easy to customize and retain their formatting across multiple platforms. A couple of breakout stars in the slideshow game include SlideShare and Facebook Slideshow.
- SlideShare: A slide-hosting service powered by LinkedIn. It allows users to upload files (PowerPoint, PDF, Keynote, or OpenDocument presentations) either privately or publicly. The slide decks can then be viewed on the site itself or can be embedded on other sites.
- Facebook Slideshow: The power of video, without the time and expense. Facebook slideshow ads are video-like ads that use motion, sound, and text to tell your story beautifully across devices and on every connection speed. You can create a slideshow ad in minutes from desktop or mobile, and use it to tell a story that develops over time.
Facebook Slideshow Example from ETS-Lindgren
- MOTION GRAPHICS
Motion graphics are pieces of digital footage or animation which create the illusion of motion or rotation and are usually combined with audio for use in multimedia projects.
RendrFX makes motion-graphic creation simple. They have hundreds of video templates ready for your custom graphics, logos, and copy. You can easily create videos for social media, promotional videos, logo reveals, explainers, and app and website promos.
RendrFX Example from … Us! Music: BoxCat Games, Nameless: The Hackers RPG Soundtrack, B-3
Videos on social media can sound intimidating to the novice marketer, but with a few tips and tricks, anyone can make amazing, compelling video content with just a few clicks!
Don’t forget to Like/Follow:
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Dave Dwyer Video Production’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Social Media Examiner’s Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
If you’d like help with your social media management, shoot us a message!